Rules of Conduct for Library Patrons
The Bill Memorial Library is committed to the safety and respectful treatment of its patrons and staff and to the integrity of the library. Those using the library and its resourcs have the right to expect a safe, comfortable environment that supports the appropriate use of library services. We ask that patrons respect and follow all posted rules and instructions provided by the library, as well as any federal, state, county, local statute or ordinance, or executive order. Any infractions of the rules below may result in police being contacted.
- Do not eat or drink at computer stations.
- Disruptive behavior directed towards staff or fellow patrons is not allowed.
- Cell phones or other electronic devices must be set to silent mode and phone calls must be taken outside. Headphones must be used when listening to sound on a library computer or personal device so that sound is not audible to others.
- Do not damage the building, its contents, or library grounds; or steal furnishings or materials.
- Behavior or language that is offensive, threatening, insulting, or abusive to any patron or staff in the library or on library grounds is not allowed.
- Do not film, photograph, or interview patrons within the library unless approved by the library director. Approved filming or photography must not interfere with library operations or patrons’ rights to privacy or right of access to library facilities.
- Drunkenness, disorderly conduct or other acts subject to persecution under criminal or civil codes of law is not allowed.
- The use of any tobacco products or electronic smoking device is not allowed in the library or on library grounds.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn in the library and on library grounds.
- Refrain from disturbing others with offensive body odor or strong perfume.
- Carrying a weapon into the library or on library grounds is not allowed unless by law enforcement.
- Soliciting in the library is not permitted.
- Caregivers are responsible for the conduct and safety of their children or charges while in the library or on library grounds.
Violations of the Library rules will be reported to the Library Director and may result in patron being asked to leave the Library and/or loss of Library privileges.